Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cottage Weekend


Well, I've been back in Saint John for just over a week. It feels great to be home, and it has been awesome getting to see the family again. I thought that when my mother picked me up at the airport that she was going to drive me straight to the hairdressers to get the fro chopped off, but I think that she actually likes it. Even Dad didn't seem to mind it too much! Ha.

As what was hoping, I got to go to the cottage right away. My sis Tara and I went up and babysat the kids for the night.....Kate, Kye, and The Jack. I have attached a couple of pics. The first pose is the one where I try to look like I'm talented at water skiing. The next is the courtesy wave pose.








You'll also get to see a picture of The Jack sitting on my knee helping me open up my new survival package from my sis. Yes, this pack was stocked full of important things to help me integrate back into the 'real world'; soap, deoderant, comb, toothbrush (needed one badly), etc. It also contained some other things to help with my new budget for the next while; Mr. Noodles, a bell for my bicylcle (as a car isn't anywhere in the near future). I think that she will be quite surprised at the amount of use that I will get out of it.

Twas a great weekend at the cottage. My brother Greg and Karenanne made it up, as well as Thor. Decided to have a few drinks out by the fire that evening as well. Greg almost fell into the fire because he was so drunk, and Thor missed it all because he was puking in the woods. Thank God that I am the resoponsible one.

Twas awesome hanging out with the kiddies again. Got to watch them run through the sprinkler, build forts on the deck, and then hit the tube on the back of the boat. All in all, it was pretty much exactly what I was looking for!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very happy you are home, I am home too! I have read all your entries and really enjoyed your adventure. Aldy and Juomana will be here in the middle of August for a week, but please feel free to drop down to Chance Harbour anytime. You had such a good time here last visit that you slept most of the time! Maybe you had a hard previous night.
Anyway, I am here until the 14th of Sept.
Talk to you soon.
Susan

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan...

Glad to hear you're having a wicked time wid da family at the cottage. Enjoy the reintegration and remember you've still got another 60 years to go, so...

'Twas great seeing you in TO. Doubt that you've become the "responsible one" but am sure you've gained SOME kind of self-knowledge from all that globetrotting!

Just spent the week at the Worldwide Short Film Fest, seeing films and writing notes at all the symposiums. Learnt a lot and made some good contacts.

Looking forward to my own cottage weekend July 1 in the Muskokas with my "sis" Pattie.....Hooya!...Yorga

9:36 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Hey SusieQ!
That WAS a cozy couch indeed! Good to hear that you have made it back for summer. I don't know if I'm going to be around here for much longer, but would love to make it out to Chance Harbour if I can. Would love to try some authentic Saudi cooking!

Ryan
PS - I think that you should make Aldy and Juomana sleep in seperate rooms.....my mother would.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Miss Kate,
Sounds like a pretty good year so far. Gotta love that springtime feel. I'm still trying to slow this whole integration thing down as much as possible. And yes, the cottage has been sweet (heading back up tomorrow), so I'm sure you'll enjoy your Muskoka's adventure.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home