Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Monday, May 07, 2007

The Islands in Thailand

After leaving Phuket, I headed across to the Gulf of Thailand and stayed on Ko Pha Nang island. As some of you may recall, I was in Thailand just a couple of years ago and I came here for the Full Moon Party (held once per month, between 5 to 10 thousand people partying on the beach). I decided that I was going to pass on the party and instead, just find a nice hut on a beach to relax. I ended up on the west side staying at Sun View lodges by Hat Yao. Definitely what I was looking for. After I realized that everybody from my hostel was going to the Moon party though, I couldn't say no. This time I didn't quite make it to the morning, but I did OK.

Also went and checked out some Mui Thai boxing. Pretty crazy bastards they are. I don't know if any of you have watched it before, but it is pretty violent. Lots of kicking and knees. Twas pretty fun night. The money is flowing everywhere. You just run over to the side of the ring and there's lots of guys taking bets. I think that unfortunately some times the flow of money affects who wins the fight, but either way, it was pretty damn fun.



I am now on Koh Tao island on Sairee beach (Koh Tao is just north of Ko Pha Nang). I have attached a picture of the beach that I got off the net. I came over with a big group that I met at the last guesthouse (Craig from UK, Andrew from Can, Emilia, Anna, Tina from Sweden, Lisa from Holland, and Brenden from NZ). It has been raining for the past few days, but the sun is out full force now, so the beach it will be.


Talk to you soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey snoop,

I imagine you are gearing up for England soon? I talked to Yann the other night, you should try and see him....
Get off your wallet and get a damn camera...you'll want those pics in the years to come.
You better get home soon to catch conference finals, and cup final.
Tentatively i will be in Toronto August 10-14 and back in NB/NS from 14-22, you'll probably be headed West by then but i'm sure your plan is ever changing.

Take care,
Aldy

2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's going on with these dates of your blog entries. I'm sure I checked Thursday with nothing new but today your new entry shows Monday May 7th. What's up with that?

Just thought I'd rub the following in, like I did for Easter dinner.

Tonight Melody and I are heading over to some friends to play cards, have a few toddies and chow down on some fresh Atlantic lobster. First feed this year. Home made potato salad, fresh baked rolls, to die for, from Nanna's Bakery and a surprise dessert. Our friends won't tell me what it is. They know how much I love dessert! This has been an annual tradition with these friends for the past 10 years or so. We get together for a lobster feed the Saturday before Mother's Day. You didn't forget Mother's Day did you?
If you don't like lobster then I've wasted my time with this tease but it still beats sticky rice, seaweed and fish eyes! You should still get home sick just thinking about all the comfort foods you can't get way over there.

"Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait For The Signs"

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan , it is early Sunday Morning and I was just checking your blog. I am tearing down the old shed in the backyard after 30 years of usefull service. It is cool in Saint John but I took a new fridge up to the cottage yesterday and it was over 90(30)on the deck. The water is still high but it is some nice in the country. We are still in the Leg and I'm not sure we will ever get out. Long days and open until 10 at night. See you soon. Papa

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryno - the Eastern final is now Sens 2, Sabres 0

Barn-burner 2OT game last night, with Joe Corvo playing the spoiler for the Sennies. Now the Sabres head to Ottawa for a little Capital Punishment.

2 wins until the Cup final. To say Stinch is excited is something of an understatement.

GO SENS GO!

Dsizzle

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They would be so much easier to cheer for if their Captain was'nt a gay (sorry to all gay people) Swede!! We all know the real reason the Sens are contenders and not pretenders is from the leadership of Heatley!
Fact -- never has a cup champion had a non-canadian captain!!

Aldy

9:25 AM  
Blogger Baby on my mind said...

I believe you meant to write May 14 for this entry.

OK...so I think everyone who reads the blog should donate $5 to Ry so he can buy himself a new camera and get us some damn pictures!! (not a bad idea but kidding). I know the funds are low after a year of touring the world and not working (well, except for your brief tour of duty driving the drunk bus).

Things are warming up here finally...will spend the long weekend at the cottage (first of the year). Will raise a glass to you!
Love ya. Tara

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all Alfy is not gay, his wife is a hot yoga instructor....i think anyone who calls him gay is just insecure with their own sexuality and are a leafs fan....did I mention the leafs suck?

ryno, i fell in the creek next to my house last week....i know how you feel with the lack of signage...

sly

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alfy is GAY.

Aldy

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home