Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lacatunga

Left Riobamba and now am in a place called Lacatunga. From here, I got to do the ride through the Andes into Laguna Quilotoa. The ride in was quite interesting. There were actually giant chunks of the road that had fallen away (check the pics, its pretty funny). There were crosses along the side of the roads from where cars hadn't been able to make the turns. Kind of nerve wracking at times, given how narrow the roads were, and how many blind turns there were. We had to keep asking the guy to give honks before going into the turns.

The laguna was spectacular. Weather was a little off at first, but midway through the 2.5 hour hike down into it, the sun came out and made the water go bright green. Definitely worth the hike......although it was a real bitch to crawl back up out of there. My legs were still a little sore from the bike ride too, which didn't help my cause.

Anyway, staying at a place called Hotel Estambul. Met some cool people here who I have been hanging out with. May stick around this little town for a while.

Here are the pics of the laguna. Bye for now!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=8ab2nqp.3frdjqw5&x=0&y=-adzxlj

5 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

HOLY!!! I guess the Laguna was spectacular!!! Amazingly beautiful. You will not need to buy another print to decorate your pads in your lifetime again! Is it always cold around the Laguna or just that particulr day? Can you swim in it?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, that Laguna is spectacular. I am emerald with envy. What a privilege to visit such an incredible place. Your pix are pretty swell, Mac.

As far as the missing bits of road, I seem to recall a piece of the Don Valley Parkway--or was it Steeles Avenue?--disappearing last summer after one of our monsoon rains...(I remember it well because I was housesitting & my *%&$#@&*&^%ing friend's basement flooded!!!)

I think us ladies each need one of those gorgeous Inca shawls for the coming winter, amigo :-)

Film Fest now here in TO, the usual suspects are in town (Brad, Penelope, Heath, Reese, etc.). Saw a funny Romanian flick Friday and going to a doc tomorrow about blind Tibetan climbers!

How's my namesake these days?

Glad to see you looking so happy......Yorga

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Tara,
They said that Cdn's could swim in it.....meaning that it was damn cold. Although, by the time I crawled back out of the crater, I probably would have been more than happy for a quick dip.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Kate Yorga!
Howdy. And yes, I DO remember that we lost a good chunk of Steeles (or was in 1 road south???). And I think it probably took about the same amount of time to get it fixed.

The hats and shawls are definitely a cool look. I'm sure Toronto would adapt to it quite quickly. I've seen uglier styles floating around.

Any good personal celeb experiences?

2:10 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Miss Jods,
Would you be ready to move from your condo in the sky into a bunkbed in a dingy dorm room???
The lack of stress was a long time coming. As for the ladies, I'm sure that we could work something out......

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home