Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back in Granada

Well, after a couple of painful days on the bus, I'm back in Granada. Was tough leaving the islands though I tell you. What a cool spot. I was pretty tempted to stay for the big Sun Jam party on Saturday. I actually got offered a job of working a shift there behind the bar. Could have been my first appearance on Wild On! Ha.

Although it was full the first night, I am now in the Bearded Monkey........my favorite hostel in Central America. Feels kind of cozy being back at a place that is familiar. Actually bumped into a couple of people that I dove with in Utila. My Aussie travel buddy Ross has now moved on to Mexico. It was a pretty emotional goodbye:

"Alright, see ya bro"
"Yeah, alright, take it easy"

Its amazing how 2 girls can get together for an hour, and know each other's complete family, medical and emotional histories, and then how 2 guys can know each other for a month and a half, and still not know anything about each other (except how many beers it takes them to get drunk). Was actually kind of strange getting back on the road by myself again. I kept thinking that I was heading to meet someone, and then I remembered that I didn't actually know anyone where I was going. It helps to be self entertaining on these trips. I just rolled out a couple of my old jokes, and then I was fine. Its funny how I never get sick of hearing them (and those catchy punch lines get me by surprise everytime!).

By the way, what's with this whole Mel Gibson thing, getting caught drinking and driving and then blaming it on Jewish people???? When he goes to court, I wonder if he's going to give one of his emotional speeches like he did in Ransom........"GIVE ME BACK MY LICENSE!!!".

Personally, I would love to see them try to send Braveheart to jail. I feel bad for whatever prison got stuck with him.........."THEY'LL NEVER TAKE........OUR FREEEEEDOM!!!".

That would be awesome.

Anyway, as you can tell, the internet here is free, and I don't really have anything intesting to write about. Will probably hang out here for the weekend, and then start heading for Panama.

Toodles.

Ryan

17 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Yes, we are heading for the reunion and the cottage so we will be out of touch until probably the 14th. Feel free to call us at the cottage to say hello. Take care, love you.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Roly,

Easy on the political plugs, this is a non-persuasive website.

I support Anti Roly stuff.

Aldy

2:09 AM  
Blogger Baby on my mind said...

What...now you are saying goodbye to Ross!! You're killing me!! You know how I get attached easily!! I actually feel kind of sad. And I like knowing you are with someone so find someone quick and make sure you introduce us to him by name and picture.

Can't beleive that you gave up a chance to be on Wild One...could have been another check for you...or wait...I think that was on my check list!!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright - who is this Aldy? Excommunicate her/him from the blog! Can't talk about Roly like that! Don't blame us if the fire marshall shows up, and probably the health inspector, also the building inspector and the waste management marshall along with dept of labour and the city dog catcher. You brought it on yourself! Don't be dissing Roly! That could be his campagne slogan. I'm a genisus!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Hahaa!
Colin, Aldy and Dad go way back. I believe that Dad refers to him as,"You Little Bugger". Aldy is well connected at Irving......'well connected' meaning that he calls in sick every Monday and Friday. Have fun at the reunion all! Wish I was there. Feeling homesick. Hopefully will try to get in touch.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan

I have been reading your blogs since you started this trip and I always look forward to the new ones. They are hilarious!!
Sounds like you are having a great time.
I saw your Dad today at Angie's wedding - She's Joe's daughter ... your first cousin ...we're such a close family. Tina- your first cousin, Stacey -another first cousin, Mary-your Aunt and Donald-your Uncle are all going to have a yard sale. Tina plans to advertise it as a Multi-dysfunctional-family yardsale! LOL
Keep on writing !!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan

I have been reading your blogs since you started this trip and I always look forward to the new ones. They are hilarious!!
Sounds like you are having a great time.
I saw your Dad today at Angie's wedding - She's Joe's daughter ... your first cousin ...we're such a close family. Tina- your first cousin, Stacey -another first cousin, Mary-your Aunt and Donald-your Uncle are all going to have a yard sale. Tina plans to advertise it as a Multi-dysfunctional-family yardsale! LOL
Keep on writing !!

Marlene - I may have done this twice !?

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Rian,

Found a little note on which this webadress has been written a couple of months prior(probably in one of your first days in San Jose, CR)... Awesome site, and stories!! beyond!!! been to most of the places myself!!... cool!, Blackcat Antiqua, one of my favorits!!
Have Fun!!! cheers from Holland, toine

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Kimmi, I am fully rested indeed. As I've always said, I planned on doing 3 semi retirements. It took a bit of getting used to at first, but I have fully adjusted now. Stress has become somewhat of a rarity! Ha.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Dad,
Does that mean that the election will probably be called prior to the Ledge starting up again? Should I start tracking down NBer's who are abroad, so we can arrange some mail in votes?? Ha. By the way, I passed my diving exam with a 92%. Still a straight A student!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Thor, I can't believe after telling you about the trick, that you actually still fell for it. I think that you are probably the only one honest enough to admit it though (and Tara probably still hasn't seen it....ha). Kidding Tara.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Mom,
Try to stay off the booze this reunion if you can. You're giving your poor innocent son a bad example. All those beers that you see in my pictures are just ones that I'm holding for other people.
Snorkling was cool, but nothing quite feels like floating again weightless, 100 some odd feet underwater! Have fun at the cottage! I will try to get in touch with you guys.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Tara,
I'm working hard and finding some new travel friends. I made a whole group over the past day, but unfortunately, none are heading my way. Names and pics will be sure to follow though!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Marlene!
It's great to hear from you! Glad to see that this blog is providing some entertainment. Dad has told me to try to keep it clean though, so a lot of the juicey stuff that the MacIntyre clan would like has been left out! Ha....just kidding......I'm innocent....can't you tell?? Wish Angie well for me. I've heard lots about George from Tara and Thor over the past couple of years. This yard sale thing sounds scary. Did they make sure that got their liquour license for this??

2:09 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

2 1!
Good to hear from you! As you have seen, you should be in a couple of those Costa Rica pics. I think that our experience there may have been somewhat similar. Hopefully all is well back in Holland.....it seems like all the hot dutch women are on the road travelling though!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

I finally saw your note about keeping in touch on the blog.
I'm totally serious about meeting up somewhere.
Anytime after September 18th I'm free...keep me posted on where you plan to be and I'll see about joining ya for a week of trouble.

Silverberg

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home