Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Panama City

In Panama City staying at a hostel called Hostal Lyons House. Got in late last night, after being on busses all day yesterday. Had been pretty exhausted for some reason over the past few days, so I´ve spent most of the time sleeping. Slept the whole way on the bus to David (4 hours), on the ground outside the bus station for an hour, most of the way to Panama last night (6 hours), and then fell asleep with my guitar on my bed when I got to the hostel. Feeling nice and refreshed today though!

Bocas were awesome. Wish I had more time there. Met some awesome people and had a blast. Didn´t get a chance to do any surfing though, as I spent most of the time just relaxing. Was there for 4 days, but it didn´t feel like it. Hung out at the Mondu Taitu lots, which was a cool little party hostel with cheap White Russians (the drink). Also got to hang out at the famous Shipwreck place.....a cool little bar with a big ass dock. The dock had a part that was cut out in the middle, where people would eventually get drunk and jump in. I was also lucky enough to hook up with a local who took me out on his boat for a day. Checked out a bunch of the other islands, and got to do some great snorkeling. All he asked for was a few bucks for gas. Pretty awesome considering that the islands were super expensive. It seemed like everything you wanted to do cost 10 to 15 bucks. Some of the other islands there looked amazing though, so I think that you would definitely need a few weeks there.

Today I have met some friends here at the hostel, I am going to try to check out the Panama Canal. I have my flight early in the morning. Heading for Equador to start South America and I´m pretty excited about it. Don´t have much time today, but may be able to jump on tomorrow, as I have a long layover in Miami (don´t ask, Round the World ticket thingy).

The comments that you guys are posting are hilarious by the way.

10 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

I have been told that the Panama Canal is a must see so I hope you get a chance to visit...need some pics.

Dad said that you had to go to Florida and we all thought he was confused/crazy LOL... once again, Dad proved us wrong!!!

Aldy...where are you??

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God! There were no male XXX cards that I saw! Don't believe a word they say. Always, always believe your uncle Colin. My word is Gospel. Where's the pictures of the Whores?

11:15 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Made it to Quito Equador!!! Was a long journey. Had to fly to Miami, then a 5 hour layover (no internet available), and then all the way back to South America. Was still quite exhausted. I fell asleep on the floor at the airport, and the girls working the counter had to come and wake me up as the plane had already boarded. Ha! Quito looks awesome so far though.....the place has a great energy about it. Think I may be here for a bit. I'm actually sitting in this really funky patio bar, having just cracked my first beer with some people from the hostel. I have been waiting for this alllll damn day. Have lots to write, and will respond to the comments tomorrow.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

I lied, the other bar that we went to was too much for me. Back at the internet bar. Greg and Colin, I can´t believe that I am a little late in sending the XXX cards, and you resort to male cards. Colin (ha) I know nothing of any pics....as I said, I´m innocent now. Ha!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

KyeGuy,
Yeah, the beard is gone now. May grow it again. It kind of makes me look like your Dad a bit! Did you know that I saw a whole bunch of fish like the ones in Finding Nemo (when I was scuba diving). There were Star Fish, crabs, and ones that looked like the fish in the tank at the dentist´s office. Hopefully your fever is gone!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Miss Kates.
Have seen TONS of monkeys. They are crazy here. Lots of snakes too. As for swimming, well I go almost every day here. No girlfriends though, and NO, I´M NOT MARRIED YET. You never know though, I´m meeting lots of pretty girls. I will be sure to send you pics if I find one!!!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Heidi, with 2 kids, I think that it is time that you start pulling rank, and finding some warmer sleeping conditions at the reunion. So far, Greg and Kal are the only ones that I have seen who have been able to pull off the whole family tent thing! Wish I could have been at the reunion. Made me feel homesick hearing everybody on the phone.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Tara, I did go get to see the canal. And yes, Dad was right, I DID have to go back through Miami. It was painful, but I will write about that later. Pics to follow.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Joe Cronk!
Ha.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Sorry, Joe....
Thanks for stopping by. I like your summary......pretty exhaustive!! And yes, its always a possibility. You and your dame should take your bikes down here. Some amazing drives around Costa Rica.....and no speed limits.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home