Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back in Canada Baby!!!

Yes.....that is correct. I am back in the homeland!

And no, the trip isn't over. I have actually just come back to surprise my family and to help my father out with the election. I'm only home for a couple of weeks, and then I head back to Quito. I also managed to arrange to make it to my friends Greg and Ange's wedding which was awesome. The reason why I kept everything quiet though, was because I didn't want anyone to spoil the surprise (I actually did my last post from T.O., so that my family wouldn't catch on).

I flew through Panama and Newark, got into Toronto last wkd, and managed to fulfill my co-MC duties for the wedding. It was absolutely awesome to see everybody again, and the wedding was fun as hell. We were a little boring as co-MC's given our lack of preparation, but neither of us dropped any F-bombs, so I guess you could call it a success. I took a bunch of pics, but I have to find a computer where I can upload them to the site.

As for the surprise, it was awesome (flew into Moncton, got a lift to downtown, and then took a bus from there). Nobody recognized who in the hell I was because of the beard and the shades. I first strolled into Shoppers to visit my bro in the afternoon.......pack and all. He was behind the counter. I gave a little whistle, he looked up and said hello, and then went back to work. Then he didn't the double take, "What are you doing! What are you doing!!!". Ha! It was pretty funny.

I then got him to call my mother and tell her that he had somebody he was interviewing that was coming over to visit her. I showed up at the door but because of the light, all she could see was my silouette. It took her a minute before I finally heard her say, "Is that Ryan???!". It took her a bit for it to sink in. I had to reassure her that everything was OK. Ha.

Mom and I then waited for Dad to get home. Because I was driving my brother's truck, my father was obviously expecting him to be there. Mom got me to sit out on the deck in the chair (and not to smile, so that he wouldn't recognize me). When he got home, he strolled up to the table, looked over at me, and then started checking the mail. Then he popped his head back up and instead of asking, he just declared it, "That's Ryan!!". Ha! It was hilarious. Totally caught them all by surprise, which I didn't think that I was going to be able to pull off.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to do the same for Tara & Thor as they were in a different town (still did it over the phone.....my sister was trying to figure out how I got linked into my parent's phone).

Anyway, it has been wicked being home. The wedding in TO was amazing, and seeing all the family again has been awesome. Still trying to adjust a bit to the cozy beds and the clean washrooms. The election is coming up on Monday, and we are all pretty excited. I will continue to keep the blog up while I'm home, with progress updates on the election.

Be sure to keep in touch!!!

Ryan

PS - Sorry to all those TO friends that I didn't get to see, as I was pretty short on time given the wedding etc!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Dirty bugger...you know how I hate surprises but I'll have to admit that it was a good one!! I am so used to checking the blog every day so you better keep it going!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Heidi,
That's hilarious. The worried old Mom. Just try not to have any dramatic scenes of chasing the bus down. Sorry, no time to hit Ottawa. Loving being home. Feels great. Dad is in great spirits too! Should be a fun day.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home