Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day Trip for Simon

Yup, I figued it was time to get Simon out of the mental ward and out for a day trip. What better way to discover the big city (Vancouver), then to go to a Canucks game with your hockey-crazed cousin. Don't worry Marion & Philip, we never touched a drink. Well, at least not until the game started. Thankfully I was there to watch over him though. I was scared that he would repeat his performance from the last family reunion (what Dad called, "Blind Drunk").



We picked up scalper tickets outside and scored some wicked seats; 4 rows up behind the net. A perfect spot for me to heckle the opposing goalie. Game was Vancouver vs. Minnesota. Although the Canucks lost, we were fortunate enough to catch overtime as well as a shoot-out. Twas a solid evening. Even little Mats Sundin enjoyed the game.

As for an update on me, I'm now a full fledged resident of Vancouver. Yes, I have gotten myself a sweet little apartment in the Kitsilano beach area. I am now working at the Bank again in downtown Vancouver. Have gotten myself set up with a great group of friends. Playing hockey once a week, and I try to make it up to Whistler for some boarding whenever I can. The fresh powder here is unbelievable. Have had some of the best powder days that I've ever seen. I have to tell you also, I'm not minding the weather too much here: +12 and sunny for the past week. Not too bad for Feb!

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks for checking in.

Ryan

7 Comments:

Blogger The Sarcastic Mommy said...

Ry, nice to see you are still living, thanks for taking Sim out of the mental ward for the day, we all wish we could pitch in and help T look after his drooling blind drunk ass but it's tough. Good family helping dude! Love the pic :) Keep blogging!!
H.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

Glad you enjoyed the game. I am not sure who was drinking at the game but the picture is worth a thousand words. Simon, when did you quit drinking? The weather is southern BC is wonderful and I can understand why you are enjoying being there. It is always good to hear your news.

Philip

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, don't make fun of retarded people....Ryan has feelings too ya know!

i fell off the week long wagon that night i think....oh well....if I go by japanese time, it was 8 days and that HAS to count for something.

Great night....more in the works...

lata

Sly

11:43 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Miss Heidi! How are things??? We wanted to try to call you from the game, but the 4 hour time change sucks. Did you get the pics that we tried to send you from my phone?

PS - What is your blog address again????

1:16 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Hey Philip,
We tried sending some pics to you and Marion as well, but I don't know if they went through. I guess now that you and Marion are retired, you don't need to check emails as much as before. Hope that retirement is treating you well....I know that I enjoyed it for the past year and a half. Ha.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Slymon, you're definitely a role model. It's good that the little Mats Sundin's have something to look up to.

1:20 PM  
Blogger The Sarcastic Mommy said...

Hey Ry, got the pic and replied but wasn't sure if you would get it since I knew you sent it from your phone. Hilarious picture, looks like fun! Would love to chat with you, will email or call soon! My blog address is www.beyondamommy.blogspot.com

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home