Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Victory!!!

As most of you have probably heard, we managed to pull off a victory in the election. And, as the icing on the cake, the Liberals managed to pull off a majority government. We are all pretty excited. We had kind of expected that things were going to go well, but nobody wanted to say anything, after our loss in 1999. In the end, we ended up winning 36 of the 37 polls (including the advanced pools and the special ballots).

As expected, election day was pretty exciting. The whole family manged to get involved. My brother-in-law Thor was the brains behind the operation, my sister did lots of driving and odd jobs, my brother Greg was in charge of dispatching all the drivers for picking up the voters, and I was just filling in the gaps on whatever Thor needed at that particular time. As I've said before, this was probably the best run election office that I have seen yet. The volunteers that ran this whole campaign were absolutely amazing....including on election day.

AND.....the great part was the Dad was fantastic through it all. He is usually pretty high strung on election day.....but Mom said that he was pretty calm overall.......well, no worse than any other day she said. Ha! It was great to see him in action again. You would have trouble finding anyone who in a matter of 2 mintues, can convert a potential disgruntled voter into a full force supporter. I think that I may have inherited some of the charm, but I definitely didn't get any of the patience (as my former co-workers can attest to)!

Anyway, I will try to post more pics. I'm now back to prepping for the trip again (leave on Sunday morning for Ecuador). Feel like I'm getting a second chance to organize....now that I have a few months under my belt.

Talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home