Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Quick update and the Rest of Tamarindo Pics

Just a quick update to say hello. Difficult to find internet connections.

Nicaragua is amazing. Having an absolute blast. This county is so much more authentic than CR. Scenery is awesome. These places can be a little remote, and the roads don´t always allow for easy access back into the nearest town. The bus system is pretty damn good though for the main areas...........all old school buses shipped down from the US. Reminds me of junior high.....running across the park and watching them drive away as I just missed them.

Living conditions have been somewhat similar to prison camps, but they are always about 100 feet away from a private exotic beach. Food is stellar. Stomach is feeling much better. Have typical travelling cramps, but pain is gone. Currently staying on a plantatation that is located on Isla de Ometepe, called Zopilote close to Magdalena.....the couple are making us pizza tonight with veggies from their giant garden. Much nicer than my 32 bed ´dorm´ from last week. Locals are super friendly. Have some funny stories, but will post them later.

Thanks for the well wishes. Should be back on line within the next week. Thinking of heading to Granada, although, I´m liking this little farm more and more. Have been taking tons of pics. Will try to get them posted soon as well.

R

HERE ARE THE REST OF THE TAMARINDO PICS

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=8ab2nqp.5r4wlocp&x=1&y=7044jp

5 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Hey Ry! Good to hear from you. How did you get hooked up with this farm? Is this something they normally do..take in wandering souls like yourself? We have been spoiled with your daily updates and didn't enjoy these last last 5 days of no contact so we have taken a vote and have decided that you need to travel somewhere that has easy/free access to internet in order to keep us entertained!! LOL Be safe

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,

Your dad just gave all of us your blog site - the Leg is getting finished for the session and we are all happy - School's Out for Summer!!

Sounds like you are having a fantastic time and i'm very jealous -what an experience but for the Love of God - do not not have contact with your family again for 5 days - you freaked your dad out and then we have to deal with it!! LOL

Have a great trip!

Sheri Shannon

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a little bit of advice...
Re: anados comment...

I would like to suggest the reverse--
don't pee in stagnant water...I hear parasites can swim in your urine and OUT of your penis! You may infect the locals…could just be a myth!

alotta love buddy... love the blogs. Have a wicked time!

hump

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan,
You not likely know me but, but your Dad gave me your blog address so I thought I'd send you a note.
I am one of the MLA's that works with your Dad in Fredericton. I live in Boiestown and represent the riding of Southwest Miramichi.
My wife is from Peru and we have traveled a little in the Amazon jungles and along the Amazon River, so I can only imagine how much fun you are having. In fact we were just in Peru about 3 months ago.
Hope you have a great trip. Perhaps we'll have the pleasure of meeting you in the near future.
Rick Brewer

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hellooooo down there!

Glad you're eating better. Your Dad says it's OK to eat the local eggs - NOT! Remember what made him so sick on the family cruise? I'm still waiting for those pictures I requested...... Be very vey careful out there - you don't want any little aliens showing up @ your door 16 years from now and saying "Hi Dad". Have fun. Oh yes, the TD bank called about an investigation of missing funds! Is this why you left the country? What should I tell them?

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home