Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Pics from La Fortuna and Tamarindo

Thanks everybody for all the messages!!! Couldn't believe it when I logged in. Feeling very loved! Ha! I will try to keep the posts as interesting as possible! Also, I'll respond when I find better internet.

Spent my first day surfing in the Pacific. Didn't catch many waves, but still was a success. Got some tips from some other surfers. Sun is really strong and it is difficult to not get burned (spf 45 doesn't do the trick when surfing). Had to take the day off from the sun, but will be back in the water in the morning. The beach is beautiful, waves are awesome for learning, and water is warm.

Tamarindo is an awesome little surf town with a good night life. Already bumping into people that I've met in other cities. The hostel here is a true top of the line hostel......nice kitchen, TV for watching movies, cozy living room, guitars, etc. Called Playa Tamarindo hostel. Diet has largely been comprised of peanut butter sandwiches. As you know, I don't really care that much about food when travelling......just something in the stomach.

Watched the World Cup here today with the locals (called Ticos). CR lost 4 - 2 but it was awesome to see them score a couple of times. The place went wild....that had TV's set up outside. The locals still celebrated even though they lost.

My Spanish is getting better. He been kind of fun picking it up. Somewhat similar to French, which is good for recognition, but not good for pronouciation. The locals in general appreciate any efforts. The greatest part is, is that I ask them to speak slower (Podria hablar mas despazio), but then I don't understand what the hell they're saying anyway! What can do, eh.

My accent is getting made fun of alot. I told some people that we were 'out and about' the other day. They all got quite the kick out of it (oot and aboot).

Eh.

Anyway, I have to go hit the showers. Dinner plans for 8......and its not peanut butter sandwhiches tonight. Ha. Here's some pics.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=8ab2nqp.al55fe9l&x=1&y=qbwugn

Ryan

6 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Ry...great pics...love the tarzan ones...note to self...check off "swing from tarzan rope in exotic swimming hole with hot babes" from your list of things to do before you die (o;

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry,
Since your Mum won't do this, I have to say, to avoid the sun, WEAR A TSHIRT!, Sounds like you're having a great trip. Be careful, be careful, be careful.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Tara,

Ha! Has been checked off. You would get a kick out of the video....the sound effects are the best part.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Marion
I think the sun is so hot here, that it goes right through the Tshirt! It seems that it is constant battle....45 sun block, zinc on the face, tshirts, hats....doesn't seem to matter! Thanks for the comments....love getting them! And yes, I'm being very careful!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Sookhoo, I have been watching lots of futball...have no choice. Did you guys win? Are your cousins on the team? Do you think that they'll try to escape to Canada like you did??

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home