Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Pics from San Jose

Hey Folks,

Here are some pics from San Jose. Have met some awesome people. The crowd last night had some good diversity.......1 Holland, 2 Swiss, 2 Americano, 1 German, and 3 Canucks. English is the language of choice, however, I´m going to need to pick up some Spanish if I want to get to know the locals. Have taught myself about 30 phrases. Went to check out guitars ($20) but they were garbarge. It is amazing how dark it is in the hostel room. The first night I almost pissed my pants because it was so dark I didn´t think that I would successfully be able to make it off the top bunk and make it to the washroom. I waited about a half and hour until a chick in my room woke up with a light.

¨Are you going to the washroom¨ ¨Do you mind if I follow you¨

She was probably a little creeped out. I now sleep with a little flashlight tied to my pinky finger. Need to find myself a headlamp.

I met a few people yesterday by the pool and it turned out that one of them was from Fredericton. AND......it turns out that he used to speed skate with my cousins Heidi and Simon. Then another girl said, ¨Do you mean Simon Campbell, the RCMP officer¨ How funny is that. Day 2 and have already met someone from NB. I figured that wouldn´t happen until NZ.

San Jose is now exactly the town that I was expecting. Little more run down. Hard to find things (no english book stores around). Some cool markets though.

Thinking of heading to Volcanoe Arenal tomorrow (active volcano that you can see lava at night sometimes). Supposed to be some great waterfalls and hotsprings to lounge in. Still in vacation mode.

Anyway, that´s all for now.

R

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=8ab2nqp.b12o3c75&x=1&y=o6micg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home