Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Monday, June 05, 2006

La Fortuna

I´m staying in a little town called La Fortuna. It is at the foot of the 2nd most active volcano in the world, Volcan Arenal. It actually had a small eruption yesterday, so there was tons of lava flowing down the mountain last night (don´t worry mom, its been doing this for 12 years, very safe). It was phenomenal. I couldn´t believe how much was coming out and how quickly it bombed down the mountain, destroying everything in its path. We knew that it was awesome, because all the locals were coming out to see it. Tried taking pics but the camera doesn´t pic it up.

I¨m staying at http://www.arenalbackpackersresort.com/main.htm

Once again, not exactly roughing it.

Mom, you are not going to beleive this. I met a girl today from PEI who said that Father Bob did her confirmation. How hilarious is that!!! Meeting a lot more people here then I expected.

This afternoon, we hiked into the mountains to a giant waterfall and had a beer at the base of it. This place feels so exotic. The mountains are huge, but they´re also very green and lush. We also found a swimming hole with a wicked tarzan rope. Twas an awesome afternoon.

Now the afternoon showers are hitting, so its time for my ciesta.

Bye for now.

R

10 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Dictation from Mom and Dad; "You look like you are having a rough trip; Ryan behave (from Dad). We send our love, Love Ma and Pa" They didn't hit the publish button so it didn't send thier message when they went on themselves....so they dicatated it to me later...it would take another hour to turn the computer back on and do it themselves!!! But don't worry, they know how to do it now.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Very, very cool!!! I'm jealous...about everything but the bathrooms and sleeping arrangements!! ha ha

8:10 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Yeah, not exactly roughing it. Ha!! And yes, I am behaving indeed. Having a few beers, but that is about it.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Yeah, the dorm here is kind of annoying. Have a bunch of young American tourists who don´t really follow the rules of hosteling (turning lights on late at night, talking really loudly, just kind of rude). Still getting pretty good sleeps though.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm an international celebrity/playboy.....Who's the person you met that said they know me??! rrrrgh....now I'm dying to hear the story....

11:30 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Gays in the RCMP.

I strolled up to 3 people sitting by the pool to introduce myself. Turns out one guy was from Fredericton. I said "Do you know my cousin Heidi Campbell". He said that he used to skate with you and her. His name was Pat Nussey I think. I took a picture for you guys to see.....go to the San Jose pics link. I may end up crossing paths with him again later in Panama. Funny thing was, was that the girl sitting there said, do you mean the RCMP guy from Whistler (she worked at a bar there that you have had to visit a few times). I don´t remember her name. Cute, but kinda a tool.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

saw the pics, thats hilarious, i haven't seen that guy in like 10 years.....

ps-hows yor ass doing? I'm guessing the international bum dart tour is going well?

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home