Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Back to the Beach

In Taganga right now, back on the beach. This one isn´t the nicest beach, but our hostel has a balcony hanging over the ocean, so I guess you can´t beat that. The guide books for this area say that the really nice beaches are just up around the corner, in a place called Tayrona National Park. Have been travelling with a group of seven, and the hostel we´re staying at is called Casa Blanca.

Probably going to try to head to Tayrona today. We met a bunch of backpackers here last night at the other hostel who are heading that way as well. Apparently the beaches are quite quiet, so it is good to go with a large group so you have people to hang out with. I have been told that there is no internet there though, so I won´t be able to reply to your messages for a bit (sorry Fam......couldn´t figure out the phone system here in Taganga). Probably going to stay there til the weekend, and come back on Sunday. Have been told that they have nice little huts that you can rent, so I´m hoping to score one of those.

Anyway, I´ll be sure to try to get lots of pics. Will talk to you all soon.

Ryan

5 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Great to hear things are going well. Sounds like you are right back into the swing of things. Nice to hear you are travelling with a group. Will you be able to get anther card reader??? Love your pictures.

Things are good here as well. I can follow where you are on the map I have...you are really going to the most southern part of Columbia...neat.
Love ya.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Tara, absolutely back into the swing of things. Just got back from some amazing secluded beaches.....hard not to feel in the swing! At the most northern part right now....probably not heading to the southern part again.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Greg,
Ha. Yeah, I´ve had some painful trips....notably the 3 hour boat ride I just had in a rocky ocean in a piece of shit boat. As for the motion sickness.....one word ~ Gravol (there were some other people on the boat who obviously had yet to have heard of that one yet).

That hockey team of yours sounds like it needs a leader. Its too bad that you don´t have anyone on the team with a few years experience with that (like 20 or so).

6:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Miss Kimi,
What is this Thanksgiving thing that you speak of? I am staying in a hotel right now with me and 9 Israeli´s. There seems to be a holiday every 3 days or so, so its nice to have the food. Nothing beats a proper turkey feast though.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Baby on my mind said...

CORRECTION: I meant the most Northern part....

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home