Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Holidays!

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to drop a quick note to wish everyone a happy holidays. Hope that you all had a good Christmas. I had a fabulous one here in New Zealand. One of my friends Nina that I have been staying with invited me to her parents house for Christmas dinner which was cool. It turned out to be Nina, her sister Rosy, Garith, Jon, her folks, and myself. We had a big proper dinner, and they even had little gifts for us. I actually made some eggnog and brought it over to their place. Most people here have never even heard of it. The eggnog didn't really turn out that great, but everybody gave it a try.

New Zealand is kind of funny in that it doesn't really celebrate xmas as much as we do in Canada. I think that maybe because it is the begginning of their summer (summer break for all the schools just started a couple of weeks ago). You rarely see any Christmas lights here.

Anyway, hope that all is well. I will be getting back on the road shortly, and will hopefully be taking in some more NZ scenery. Talk to you all soon!

Ryan

PS - The Yahoo server has gone to shit, so I'm having trouble accepting/sending emails right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baby on my mind said...

Hey Ry!! Great to hear that you weren't alone at Christmas. We thought of you often...wait til you see the pix from the cottage! Mom made a special ornament I know you will love. We did a lot of caroling accompanied by Thor on his guitar...Dad read the Night Before Christmas to all the kiddies...Christmas day, Thor and I read the Grinch to everyone. Dinner was fabulous (18 of us) so all was good!

I'm back to work but could use another couple days rest! Drop me a line when you get a chance!

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ry,
Auntie Marion here. Hope you had a great Christmas. Sounds like you had lots of interesting company anyway. I must say, your pictures are absolutely amazing. You certainly do have some of your mother's talent.
As Heidi said, we bought a house in Moncton and are looking forward to living in the east and being able to visit with family and friends. We definitely will be frequenting the cottage. Only three months to go and then no more work. Seems really odd.
I spent Xmas with Heidi and family. Philip did well considering. He had Xmas dinner at the army base. Things are pretty slow in his office at this time. We are both looking forward to getting together in Miami for our cruise the end of January. His mother has fallen twice recently and broke her leg the last time. She is recovering from that but mentally we believe her alzheimers has progressed drastically. She's seeing odd things but at least she is not scared or agitated. We all pray she will hang on until we get moved back and are able to see her more frequently.
The fish story was hysterical. I could just picture it. And then I could picture Colin laughing his ass off and almost choking to death in the process.
Hope all is well. Be good and stay healthy. Love ya

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pleased you had a good Christmas day with friends. I don't think we need to worry about you being alone on your "walk-about" any more. You manage pretty well meeting people and sheep.
We had our traditional Christmas Eve get together at our place. 15 people in this small house was still a lot of fun. I tend to drink more when I know I don't have to drive anywhere. We called your Mom on Christmas eve but I can't remember why we did that. That brand of rum I drink attacks the memory cells of perfectly good brains!
We chowed down on clam chowder and Bar-B-Q back ribs then played "Catch Phrase" - What a blast.
I guess it was after 1:00 am before I came to my senses and said to all - "Alright - who are you people and what are you doing in my house?"

Had Christmas dinner at Dave & Elies's then came home to play with my toys. Santa brought me a hand held GPS. I plan on doing some "geocaching". Do you know what that is? I'll also probably use it to get out of the woods when I go hunting!

Going to PEI for New Years Eve with 3 other couples. We are suppose to do the "Polar Bear Swim" in the Charlottetown harbour at 10:30 New Years morning. I plan on chickening out - depends on how those brain cells are.

Happy New Year - Ryan

"Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for The Signs"

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home