Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Friday, December 08, 2006

New Zealand Baby!

That's right. I have made it to the new frontier. A 13 hour flight back across the Pacific, and I am now 17 or 18 hours in the future. Its not as bright as my high school guidance councillor had promised, but I like the beaches.

Really going to miss Latin America.......especially the prices. Has been quite the adjustment so far. When we were told the cab ride into town from the airport was 60 bucks, we all nearly shit. It is actually quite eerie how much NZ looks like Canada to tell you the truth. Landing here in Auckland has actually made me a little homesick. I have to say that the cleanliness and conviences feel pretty nice. The fresh-out-of-high-school travellers and the hostels with all the ridiculous rules are getting on my nerves already though.....I feel like I'm on a school trip. I guess that I have to adjust back to western world living. Feels nice to be speaking English again. The whole other side of the road driving though makes for some sketchy road crosses.

Anyway, I'll try to finish off the rest of the Bolivia pics soon.....they are some of my favorite. Hope that you are all enjoying Christmas shopping season.

Talk to you soon.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who's we???

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this one ryan; in the philisophical sense "we" could mean the world or Ryan representing the rebel in all....in the grammatical sense it most obviously means Ryan and his entourage of latin women.

SO MUCH SNOW ON THE MOUNTAIN....giggity. Now i know I'm making YOU jealous!

Sly

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously it’s an entourage of lovely ladies but which one/ones??? We’ve met so many along the way… I’m hoping he brought the “busty” lady wearing the undergarments in the store window (remember her?) She was a beauty! Let’s hope he read his “Tips for traveling NZ – Chapter 4: How to get it on down unda’

Quit my job… back to school in January… soon to be “Image Consultant” – that means I get to shop for rich people! Woo hoo! Dream job here I come! Lots of exciting stuff going on here… Toronto lost to Boston last night Boooooo!!!

Merry Christmas if I don’t talk to you before! I hope Santa finds you – might want to drop him a line letting him know you’ve relocated… he appreciates those! Bye for now…Muah!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Hey Folks,
Sorry for the lack of replies. Internet here is literally 12 times as expensive as before. Ha. Gotta love it. Will try to get back to you all soon.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan
I must say that I don't realize how sheltered of a life I live on PEI until I see your pics. Maybe someday that spark will go off inside me to travel but with two small babies it is very hard!!
Take Care
Cousin Amanda

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home