Blogging Private Ryan

MY EMAIL: theryanfiles@yahoo.com

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

HockeyJackass is dedicated to entertainment. If you are just looking for stories about who won the game the night before, go check the scores. We're here to give you the underlying stories that matter. I also currently work for THESCORE providing play-by-play liveblogs of all your favorite teams. To get in touch with me, if you so desire: ryno@hockeyjackass.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Pics from Taganga

I´m sad to say that I have now left Colombia. What an awesome country. Had an amazing time there, due largely to the people that I was hanging out with. We were pretty sad to leave our whole big group.

I am now in Lima, Peru with Meital and Arad, staying at the Backpackers Hostel. Going to be heading towards Ica soon though, as I have been wanting to tryout some sandboarding (starting to miss snowboarding already, so I figured I´d try to get my fix). Little chillier here, but not much different than Bogata.

Had an awesome time in Bogata over the past few days. Almost the whole crew managed to make it there, and I also got to hang out with Adriana, who lives there. Managed to go to the big outdoor rock festival as well. actually got to watch Manu Chao. It was spectacular........140,000 people!! Not too shabby. Was an awesome night. Managed to get close to the front for a while, but it got a little hectic once Manu Chao hit the stage, so we moved back a bit. Was a pretty amazing site to see. The people of Bogata have some serious style too.....we were all pretty impressed. It rained quite a bit when we were there, but it actually kind of added to the atmosphere of the concert.

We ended up staying in an Israeli hostel called Centro Plaza Hostel. It was cool because there were six of us there, and we ended up getting our own dorm. The Jewish owners were busy doing early morning celebrations for their holidays, and we were busy doing our late night dorm room parties. Overall, there wasn´t a lot of sleep to be had at the hostel. My little iPod speakers have really come in handy. I also had trouble finding decent food, so I spent most of the time starving (although, the soup at the store next door was pretty damn good). First thing I did in Lima, was head out for a big meal, and then picked up some pizza on the way back to the hostel.

As always, feeling a little down after leaving a big group, but I´m looking forward to Peru and to seeing Manchu Pichu (or as I keep mistakenly calling it....Manu Chao).

Anyway, here are some pics from Taganga.

Talk to you all soon.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=8ab2nqp.2l3l212d&x=1&y=-1nwumk

3 Comments:

Blogger Ryan D. MacIntyre said...

Hi Heid!
Tell your coworker that I think she has good taste. Ha! Church was super cool. Supposedly, it looks cool at night as well.

That´s too bad about the cold. I´m no longer in the scorching beach weather, but its still pretty decent. Looking forward to getting to Buenos Aires next month though!!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan...

AMAZING church!!! I've never seen or heard of it before. Vair vair cool, amigo! But WOT'S with the midgets in camouflage??????!!!!!!! When I was scrolling thru UR pix I thought maybe my mushrooms had kicked in [lol]!!! No one, including U, has said a word about them...what gives?

Columbia looks gorgeous, especially the beaches...and the ladies :-) Here: trees that look like sticks and people swathed in bundles of clothes.

When U heading to BA? I put in a proposal for a work trip there in Dec., plus Iguazu Falls. Also Mexcio, we'll C who comes thru.

See the guitar's getting a workout. If U run out of $$ maybe some busking? If U do it in English they'll never know how bad UR lyrics may be [lol]....hugs...Yorga

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what a church...actually I didn't look at your pictures but I figured I'd follow suit.....never really one for originality.

ever thought that heidi's co-worker could be as crazy as she is?? i don't think its taste...prolly terrets syndrome(spelling?).....similar to RB when he said 'Greg is a jerk'...

god love that little bird, so full of wisdom.

lata
Sly

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home